Consolidation and integration is considered more important for companies having overseas joint ventures to have a single platform, now a days Companies with many ERP system face challenges in consolidation and integration to have a scalable and highly performing system. Oracle SuperCluster is a complete setup containing high performance servers, storage, networking and software in a single box that helps solve the issue of consolidation and integration.
Consolidation need to be performed to achieve the following benefits
- Reduced IT Cost can be achieved by implementing single solution to simplify network architecture
- Improved visibility of operations can be achieved by consolidating multiple system
- When a team dealing with multiple solutions, they face challenges in agility and scalability which can be avoided with a consolidated approach
- The number of hops data makes before landing into ERP gets lessened thereby achieving reduced cycle time
- Stand-alone applications become more irrelevant and thereby consolidating helps keeps pace with innovation
Oracle SuperCluster M8 is the latest product that helps deliver end-to-end solution for applications and databases providing unbeatable security, availability and scalability.
Case Study 1 – Implementation of Oracle M8 SuperCluster for Leading Payment solution Company
Leading third party card processor helps financial services institutions in Middle East to deliver secure payment processing and card management services.
They are rapidly expanding and soon will manage upto 200,000 transactions per minute around the region. In order to deliver secure and swift payment transactions IPS B.S.C implemented Oracle M8 SuperCluster which provides industry’s most advanced security.
This is the first company across the Middle East and Africa to deploy the new Oracle M8 SuperCluster, the world’s fastest engineered system, into production.
Case Study 2 – Here’s how Leading Paint Company consolidates IT Infrastructure to ensure continuous operations and reduce maintenance costs
- To Support overseas expansion by standardizing the infrastructure for performance and reliability
- To reduce downtime for database backups for various time zones
- Strengthen governance for overseas group companies enabling users in creating
Leading Paints company wanted a single platform for their entire group to optimize system performance and supporting continuous growth, so they decided to integrate IT infrastructure for their entire group.
The results are as follows
- Improved operating efficiency by consolidating five database servers, five application servers, and one large storage system onto Oracle SuperCluster M7 with Oracle InfiniBand technology.
- Used Oracle’s Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance incremental backup architecture to transmit only the changed data.
- Ability to quickly process using fastest Oracle’s SPARC M7 processor
- Single infrastructure platform is built for reduced maintenance workload and costs by using Oracle SuperCluster M7.
- Optimized system performance, reduced maintenance workload and costs is achieved using Oracle SuperCluster M7.
- Database migration to new platform for SAP application is achieved in less than two months
Author: Naveen Raj(Presales Trainee)Share this post