Streamline Quote-to-Cash process by Integrating Oracle EBS and Oracle CPQ Cloud
The seamless integration between Oracle CPQ Cloud (formerly BigMachines) and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) enables organizations to deploy an end-to-end solution that streamlines the quote-to-cash process for an accelerated selling experience.
What is Oracle CPQ Cloud?
Oracle Configure Price Quote (Oracle CPQ) is one of the best CPQ in the market which enables both enterprise and midsize companies to streamline the entire opportunity-to-quote-to-order process, including product selection, configuration, pricing, quoting, ordering, and approval workflows.
While EBS designed to support a downstream fulfillment process, Oracle CPQ Cloud is built to and manage the sales experience across multiple channels.
Oracle CPQ cloud gives you the ability to:
- Re-use product and pricing logic to serve internal, partner and self-service use cases
- Enable your channel partners to generate branded proposals, and enjoy distinct UI experiences
- Grow your channel while allowing your business partners to manage their own users
No matter how complex your pricing and products may be, by automating these processes, you ensure 100 percent accurate quotes and proposals, from any device, anywhere.
More than 275 organizations across a wide range of industries rely on the flexibility and scalability of Oracle CPQ Cloud to streamline their sales processes.
Possible EBS Integrations
An End-to-End Integrated Solution
The integration of Oracle CPQ Cloud and Oracle EBS enables companies to utilize one set of master product data between applications and automatically transfer data between systems, including:
- Quote totals and metadata
- Product line items
- Opportunity values
- Contact data
Oracle CPQ Cloud and Oracle EBS provide one solution for the entire inquiry-to-order process, reducing duplicate data, generating more accurate sales reporting, and allowing customers to easily submit orders online, convert quotes to orders, and approve orders via customized workflows. To complement its best-of-breed functionality, Oracle CPQ Cloud’s robust support system ensures the success of your integration with follow-the-sun customer support, training and educational resources, success advisors, and events focused on driving customer success.
Get the Pricing data from any third-party application like Zilliant and push it into Oracle manually
A web service developed using ORDS to integrate the On-Premise Oracle EBS with Oracle CPQ cloud with very minimal configuration and efforts. EBS gets real-time price list data on the fly and the same can be used to process Sales Orders which in turn improves accurate data processing.
CPQ – EBS Advanced Pricing: Technical Solution Overview
Install ORDS in the EBS
- CPQ gets the pricing data from the third-party application – Zilliant.
- Transfer the pricing information by a web service (which we create/expose using ORDS)
- Web service calls the Pricing Wrapper API to process (create/modify) pricelist.
Pricing Code Logic:
- If the pricelist name exists, then it updates the existing price list.
- If the item exists, it updates the price.
- If the item does not exist, then it creates the new price list line with price passed on.
- If the pricelist name does not exist, then it creates the new pricelist.
URL to call web service: https://ofsa.4iapps.com/ords/sc/rest-v8/prcsprl/
Sample JSON payload file (CPQ sends information as below to process pricelist)
Testing web service from SOAP UI client and created price list as below.
Screenshot of EBS Pricing Application
Sivaprasad M, technically accomplished Software Developer having 12+ years of professional excellence in implementation and customization of Oracle e-Business Suite and Cloud Applications. This includes system study, design, development, post-implementation maintenance and support of Oracle EBS On-Premise and Cloud.